Thursday, August 18, 2022

I'm not going back..

Welp
I've quit at the hospital.
They don't know it yet,
but I worked my last night at the hospital Tuesday.

It was bittersweet. I almost cried a few times; especially upon walking out the door for (presumably) the last time. All these people I have met, and the relationships I have maintained throughout the years... Everything will be lost to time. As much as I'm told "you won't be forgotten" I can't help but feel as though I will, considering the sheer number of times I've mentioned past coworkers, and am met with a "Who?" even after further probing and descriptions.

But that's getting into me deeper fears, and thus, a talk for another time. Moving on.

I've already started to apply for a new job, and literally the first (and so far only) application I put in with our plumbers has already been met with a callback and an interview, within 20 minutes of application submission, so that's cool. Downside however is that the position I applied for (apprenticeship) doesn't have anything available, but they offered a driving position. Something's better than nothing, especially after having put almost zero effort into a job search. 

However, hopes aren't too high yet. When I've discussed employment with the plumbers in the past, they said the apprentices make ~$17/hr starting (~$1/hr less than hospital), so I imagine a driver makes ~$15/hr. or less (at least $3/hr pay cut). Which, with how bad inflation has been the past year or two, would be a significant decrease in income; a little nerve-wracking.

Nonetheless I am still hopeful and terribly nervous to start over.

No comments: