Sunday, February 19, 2023

V-Day & Being in Charge

So I see it's been a moment since I posted. I've been pretty busy but let me take a moment to update y'all on what's been going on.

Last week was Valentine's Day. Brian got me two dozen roses and chocolate covered Oreos. We don't normally do much (of anything) for Valentine's day, but I saw the flowers gets delivered on the doorbell camera so I stopped and got chocolates for him on the way home. I lied and said I didn't know about the flowers beforehand; I figured it would mean more to him. It was a nice surprise.

Also this week, I was officially in charge at work for the first time. That was a little scary, but it seemed like the perfect day to be in that position for me. The morning was slow, and as the day went on I was getting more requests and had more fires to put out. So I was kind of eased into it. I didn't love it, but I was able to do everything successfully, and that's what counts.

Also sometime within the last couple weeks, I decided to do at least one thing around the house that still needs to be done. It seems like there's a million little things that need to be done, and my logic is that, in three months time I'll have accomplished nearly a hundred things that I wouldn't have otherwise done. Now, the first week or so that would be correct, however this last week I've fallen off of that bandwagon pretty hard. I come home from work and immediately go to sleep. Might wake up and eat something, but right back to sleep after that. I don't really know why I'm so tired, but I've been attributing it to "winter depression" despite me not being depressed in the usual terminology, I imagine depression has different levels, and maybe extreme exhaustion may be one of those levels. Either way, hopefully I can get back on to doing that this week. Else, my math will be wrong; in three months time I'll have accomplished fifty things I wouldn't have otherwise done. Though, I will say, I guess that's not too bad either, when you say it like that.

Beyond that, not much has been going on. We got all the Christmas stuff down, and slowly the house is coming together. The days are getting longer, spring is coming. Pretty soon vacation!

Until next time, take care y'all.

No comments: